Mixing the dough.
Flaked Almonds for the topping.
Chabos white "Pueper"
To read: Planet Chicken by Hattie Ellis. It's subtitle is The shameful Story of the Worlds Favorite Bird. It is not a Hens World.
Chabos white "Pueper"
Datura, Angels Trumpet is not a native Australian Tree. I love it still the same and the bees as well they do not discriminate. One really can see "Angels" this is so beautiful and the perfume in the evening is "heavenly"!
Outback, The Darling River is the longest river in Australia, flowing 2,739 km from northern New South Wales to its confluence with the Murray River at Wentworth, New South Wales. (Some geographers treat the Darling and the lower Murray as a single river, 3,000km long. This is largely a matter of semantics). Officially the Darling begins near Brewarrina at the confluence of the Culgoa and Barwon rivers, streams which rise in the ranges of southern Queensland. The whole Murray-Darling river system, one of the largest in the world, drains all of New South Wales west of the Great Dividing Range, much of northern Victoria and southern Queensland and parts of South Australia
(Excerpt from Wikipedia)
No trees, No world,
The soil is naked, burned and red;
The trees all gone,
Hacked down and dead.
No shadows, only bleaching sun;
The creatures too their course has run.
Milky blossoms are no more,
Caressing the air with balmy scents,
A deadly quiet world expands.
We're destroying forests at an unprecedented rate, with an area the size of a football pitch cut down every two seconds.
We've already destroyed 80% of the Earth's forests yet illegal and destructive logging, driven by a growing demand for cheap timber products, continues to threaten the remaining 20%.
Greenpeace is working to expose corruption in forestry management around the world, and continues to campaign in Australia to restrict imports of illegal timber. To do this we're pushing for strict certification of timber and expanding our Eco-forestry work to give forest communities an alternative to industrial logging. We're also empowering Australians to make a difference by promoting our Good Wood Guide so consumers know where to purchase sustainably logged timber products.
Our property is only 1 1/4 acre, or 5000 m2. This size we still can manage well on our own. We have planted out the lower part with rain forest trees which are indigenous in our area.
We planted native Frangipani. which is not related to Plumeria the real Frangipani. The Latin name is Hymenosporum Flavum. This is a tall, open tree. When it is in flower it is a sight to behold and it spreads its wonderful perfume over the garden. Silky oaks with their wonderful display of flowers in spring have grown tall and majestic. When I planted them first they were so tiny not bigger then a small finger. It was a wet year and I had to dig them out often from under sand and soil. Umbrella trees and many more, food for birds and other small creatures. Once a good canopy is achieved I will plant native ferns. Many years ago I have planted an Elk horn fern onto a Gumtree (Eucalyptus Sp.) Both have grown big. The tree provides food for birds, bats and possums. The elk horn fern has become home to a Ring tail Possum.
At this time of year the Murrayas with their white, bridal blossoms are scenting the garden. This is a very tough plant. Its wood too is very hard to cut. It lends itself also to shape into topiary or hedges. The flowers don't last long but it makes up for it by flowering a few times, like late summer and in between. Unexpectedly one gets a whiff of its perfume any time of the year.