Thursday 14 August 2008

SKYWATCH Friday

Please click picture for a better view.


Dandelion Water Feature in Mackay. It was a windy day, the clouds like smoke, drifting, letting from time to time the sun emerge.


Mackay is a city on the eastern coast of Queensland, Australia, about 970 km (603 mi) north of Brisbane, on the Pioneer River. Mackay is nicknamed the sugar capital of Australia because its region produces more than a third of Australia's cane sugar. The city has an average temperature of 24.7 °C (76.5 °F).



Enjoy Skywatch Friday





Copyright T.S. Yesterdaytodayandtomorrow in my Garden

Photos T.S.



















































































































































































23 comments:

Unknown said...

Took my breath away! There's always something so magical about your Skywatch pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Oh...it's like a giant dandelion seed head. Wonderful!

Juliana said...

beautiful

My SWF : Up and Down Thanks

Julie said...

Good Morning. You are up nice and early too, I see.

This is a glorious fountain, Titania. And the sky behind is so absolutely threatening. I feel sure it dumped bucket loads of rain over the city,

Anonymous said...

I love the dandelion water feature. That's a lovely shot.

Mary said...

a wonderful fountain, and a very beautiful but threatening sky! Happy SWF. :)

Kelly said...

Gorgeous and so lovely! Well done!

Pat - Arkansas said...

That is a beautiful fountain, and your photo made a great Sky Watch.
Thanks.

Pernille said...

Wow! Wonderful shot:)

Suzanne said...

Love your photo. I have never been above Brisbane. This looks so inviting. Happy SWF.

Minkydo said...

I love the fountain. Sounds like a lovely place to visit.

My SWF post

Tom said...

This isa great picture for Sky Watch and I'm pleased you shared it with us all.. the Dandelion Fountain is as nice a fountain as I've seen..

Pernille said...

Thank you for your nice comment:)

My dog is not a Jack Russel, but it's very look alike Jack Russel. The breed is called Danish/Swedish Farmdog (Dansk/Svensk Gårdshund) It's very rare breed. But a very old breed:)

Have a nice weekend:)

Pearl Maple said...

Great photo of an interesting sculpture. You post so many lovely photos to your blog thank you for sharing and thanks for your kind comments on my post earlier.

Katarina said...

Wow, I've never seen such a fabulour fountain before!
/Katarina

Marie said...

Beautiful photo!

There is an award for you on my blog :)

Raven said...

What a great fountain - and especially wonderful with the clouds and flowing water. Beautiful shot.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fountain shot.

Marina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marina said...

Sky and earth in combination!!!
Beautiful!!!

Pia K said...

That's so pretty! We have something very similar foutainwise here in Stockholm, I'll try and get a decent picture of it one of these days.

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Thanks Pia.